Kinship care

Kinship care

A kinship carer is someone who looks after the child or children of relatives, when the child’s natural parents are unable to do so. This may be an aunt, uncle, grandparent or a family friend. Kinship care can be a complex subject and can arise from complicated situations, so it’s important to know you’re supported both emotionally and practically.

Access our specialist kinship care advice service at Moray Citizens Advice Bureau and get free, impartial and confidential advice whenever you need it.

Talk to us about kinship care

Finding yourself the main carer for a child can be a daunting and confusing time. You may have questions about money or legal issues. This is where our experienced, trained specialists at Moray Citizens Advice Bureau come in. To talk through your rights and responsibilities as a kinship carer, and find out what support is available to you, get in touch today. We’re here to give you free, impartial and confidential advice. 

Kinship Care helpline – 0808 800 0006