Some of the most commonly asked questions answered:

How is CAB funded?

The Bureau is a charitable organisation mainly funded by Moray Council. This enables Moray CAB to have 2.5 part time members of staff. Project funding has been secured to employ additional paid staff for specialist services e.g. Welfare Benefits Advice.

What is CAB all about?

The Bureau is an independent organisation committed to providing advice on a wide range of subjects to people, irrespective of their status.

Does CAB follow government policy?

No. Although funded through the council we are an independent organisation.

Can CAB lend me money?

No, however we can give advice on money management and refer you to Moray Council Money Advice Service who can negotiate with creditors on your behalf.

Can CAB help me with my faulty building works?

CAB can advise on rights but cannot normally recommend private tradesmen. We can recommend a trade association who may be able to provide lists of registered tradesmen.

When my girlfriend dumps me can CAB help?

CAB can advise on rights and responsibilities at the end of a relationship and if further help is needed can recommend agencies that deal with marriage and relationship issues.

For more specific FAQs e.g. Benefits, Relationships, Employment etc please use the links below